Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2008 Broadmoor 20hp #2690756 ser#2000862726 When mowing

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Broadmoor 20hp #2690756 ser#2000862726 When mowing all of a sudden I could no longer go forward or backward. It appears the transmission is locked-up because when I pulled out the transmission release lever in the back the wheels remained locked. I notice that the park control lever had come loose from its arm. But, reconnecting that made no difference.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Does the park control arm move at the transmission? Does the brake linkage move at the transmission? I'm thinking the brake is locked, and has the transmission where it will not move. Take the brake linkage loose at the transmission and see if the shaft is turning, the brake on this model in inside the transmission case, so if it can't be freed, the transmission has to come out of the mower and disassembled!