Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a troy bilt self propelled lawn mower my trouble

Customer Question

hello I have a troy bilt self propelled lawn mower my trouble is the lever you hold back too start mower, when you let go of it mower does not shut off what should I do?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Did this problem occur suddenly, or gradually over a period of time? What brand is the engine on your mower?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the lawn mower is a troy bilt push lawn mower started gradually the lever would stick when you let go of it, know it goes forward and does not shut of, you have to play with it than it shuts off,
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for this information. Will your mower start if you do not pull the lever back? This is just a troubleshooting question?
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Your cable may need to be replaced. There may be some rust on your cable, causing it to partially seize inside the outer sleeve. Also if your outer sleeve has a crimp in it, this will prevent your cable from having freedom of movement.
Check the area where the opposite end of your cable attaches. Make sure there is not any dirt or debris buildup, preventing your cable from fully releasing your flywheel brake, and blocking your kill switch circuit.