Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Ill cut right to the chase. i recently bought a coleman

Customer Question

Hello, ill cut right to the chase. i recently bought a coleman powermate 1850 generator off a guy because it was dirt cheap, but i later found out why. unfortunately after i got it home i realized it has everything besides a carb. It looks great likes it hardly been used it just doesnt have that. what i really need is a parts list of it so i can find the part number of the missing carb and order it. Any help is greatly appreciated. the model of the generator is coleman PM0401853.01 and the engine that is one it is Briggs and Stratton family 5bsxs.1481he. its a 5.5 hp
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Check to see if you see the model, type, and code numbers for your engine. With these numbers, I can get the correct parts list for you. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a coleman powermate model PM0401853.01 and the engine that is in it is in the briggs and stratton family 5bsxs.1481he. I thot i included that in my original question. Sre
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You did include this information, but there are another set of numbers on your engine that I will need. These numbers will be stamped on your engine cover. They will be your model, type, and code numbers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me try to send you a pic of the label on the engine and the one one the front of the generator. Hopefully this is what you need, I don't see any more stickers anywhere.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I need to take more of it apart and look for more numbers I can, if need be.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the pictures. I saw a white tag on your engine cover (2nd Picture), below warning label. Can you see the numbers on that tag? You may need a flashlight to shine on them. Also look in the area of your engine cover, near your spark plug wire. The numbers I need is somewhere on your engine cover.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've pulled all the plastic and covers off of everything and haven't found anymore stickers of any sort. I sent a pic of the white sticker under waring label but it's a lil smudged. I wish I could find something else but there isn't anything else anywhere.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I really thank you for checking. Can you take a picture of the complete engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully this is what u meant. If there's anything else please let me know.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the pictures. You will need to remove your engine cover in order to see your numbers, or lift up your fuel tank.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Click on the link above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sre I crashed out last night it was a long day. I think I found what you need, but it wasn't on the top it was off to the side but I didn't find it until I did some cleaning.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Very good! Thanks for the picture. This is exactly what I need. With information, I can get the specific information you are needing.
I will be away from my computer until 3:00 pm central time today. If this time is okay with you, I can work with you this time. I am responding to you via my mobile phone. After I am back at my computer, I can be more detailed, and attach images for you. Please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alrighty that's fine with me. I think I figured out which one I need, but I'll wait and see if our results are the same.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I am back now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You forget about me?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I do apologize to you. I had an emergency occur, and I had to leave my computer unexpectedly. Here is the information you will need. Click on the attached link. Parts List - Click Here
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Parts List #2 - Click Here
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
The part numbers for your carburetor are 496863. We can continue from here. Thanks again for your patience.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Carburetor Image - Click Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well sre it's been a while for me to respond, but I was waiting for the part to arrive in the mail and unfortunately no matter any which way I try this carb does not mount what's so ever! By any chance do you have any other ideas as to another?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Do the part numbers on the carburetor you received, match the part numbers that are listed in your parts list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yessir. I just triple checked, but while I was doin that I think I answered my own question 691922 is missing also
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Your intake manifold is missing, so, you are correct.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
If you order this part, then you will be able to mount your carburetor. Be sure to order the manifold screws, if you do not already have them.