Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I just got my craftsman pressure washer back from Sears service

Customer Question

I just got my craftsman pressure washer back from Sears service center. Used it yesterday for about 45 minutes, on patio. Tried to start it this morning as per starting instructions. It would try and start for about 4 seconds and then quit. Tried again to start again about 10 times over, for about an hour, no luck. Let it sit for about 1/2 hour and tried again, with choke lever in various positions. Only time it would try and start, but never start, was with the choke lever about about 1/3 of the way back, to the full choke position. I have also cranked it repeatedly, with the choke closed, to try and clear the carburetor, if it was flooded. No luck ! ?? Model###-##-#### ***** pressure washer. /thanks, Frank
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like you have a dirty carburetor that needs to be taken apart and cleaned. We recommend that you install a complete carburetor repair kit when doing this repair.
This usually is caused by the unit sitting over the winter with a little gas in it. But it can also just be caused by dirt or water getting into the carburetor.
Check to see what the service center actually did to your unit and if they did anything to the carburetor, then I would take it back to them and have them do the carburetor over again. If they did NOT do anything to the carburetor, then you will have to do it yourself or pay them to rebuild the carburetor.