Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman 22HP electric start mower , model###-##-#### When

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman 22HP electric start mower , model###-##-####
When I attempt to start the tractor, it clicks once and that's it. I have replaced the battery with a new 280 cca battery, put in a new solenoid, a new spark plug and a new starter. I also put on a new oil filter, fresh oil and new gas and air filters. No dice, same thing. What might be the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Can you turn the engine by hand? Remove the spark plug and see if engine will spin. If you jump the starter solenoid two large terminals, does the engine spin, that is quick test of battery, cables and starter. Is the click the starter solenoid? Is the solenoid on the starter or separate?