Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Husqvarva Chain saw. I got it a few years ago and

Customer Question

I have a Husqvarva Chain saw. I got it a few years ago and after it was stored for one summer it was not running, classic ethanol contamination. I had some one clean it out and get it running. Last year it ran, not as well as new but it was usable. I got
it running last week and did some work, I had a hard time keeping it running it wanted to quit constantly. Yesterday I bought some fuel system cleaner, I put some in the tank and tried to start it, it will not fire. I pulled the plug it was flooded. I let
it sit and put the plug bak in, still no go, I let it sit over night, tried again today, it will not fire at all. I have no end of issues with 2 cycle engines. But because of the gas issue I started buying ethanol free gas for them and it should not be clogging
as indicated by it flooding. This saw has no more than 3 hours of time on it. I have the best luck with my Echo weed eater, but this thing seems like a piece of junk. Any one got an thoughts in JA land Paul
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer, it honestly sounds like the carburetor is the problem again , the fact you couldn't keep it running on idle is a clear indicator the air mixture passage ways were semi to almost blocked , and by running it to could of fully blocked it , if your not running a fuel stabilizer like stabil in your gas cans then the carburetor have a tendency to do this , especially things that don't get used regularly like generators and chainsaws etc .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you think its starved for air?I pulled the filter and tried running it with it removed, no go.But if its clogged on the intake then it would be choking.What do I do to clean it out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
btw- I stored my echo weed eater all winter with pure gas/oil mixture in it and it started right up this spring.I find most 2 stroke engines to be very poor machines. I have gotten rid of more than I've kept. If there are fuel issues with ethanol gas they need to ind a solution for it and not just keep selling these engines that run a few times and require all this fooling with. I have used fuel stabilizer in the past and still had problems. My lawn mower had fits with ethanol and on pure gas it never has issues, like my weed eater. But this chainsaw. Not a good design in my opinion.I will clean it one more time, if you would please give me some understanding of how to get it back in good repair and I will execute.Thank you,P
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
I think it's the air mixture ports TN the carburetor body . Most likely the carburetor will have to come off and be cleaned or rebuilt , I'd also replace the filter in the tank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a rebuild kit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey, I don't think this is going where I want, just got into dismantling the carburetor insane to work on.I'm out of here, I will resubmit
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
To get the right rebuild kit we have to get the numbers off the carburetor body . Unfortunately your right cleaning and rebuilding the 2 cycle carburetors can be tedious and detailed . On the carb it should say zama or walbro and some letters and numbers