Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Rick, I have a Troy Bilt tb32ec. It will not start. The "primer"

Customer Question

Rick, I have a Troy Bilt tb32ec. It will not start. The "primer" bulb pushes but 0 fuel goes into it. When you pull the fuel line off of it, fuel shoot out of the line from the tank side. I've take apart the carb and cleaned it. It will start by manually putting fuel in the carb. Any other ideas to try? Thanks!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** thank you for using Just Answer. , when you pulled the carburetor apart to clean it did the pumper gasket ( the one with the round metal part ) seem brittle or stiff ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John. It was stiff and all in tact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you push the primer bulb. it seems like its trying. but no gas. if you spray gas directly in, it runs. if you prime it, no gas comes into the bulb, but when you pullthe gas feed tube off from the carb, gas sprays out from the tube.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
It should flex,because it pulsate and pushes
on the bracket that holds the needle and makes it pump gas so the carb may need a gasket kit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give that a try.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me know how it goes