Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My Troy Bilt lawn mower acts like it is getting not gas . My

Customer Question

My Troy Bilt lawn mower acts like it is getting not gas . My pull cord came off and I can not find what I'm missing for it to recoil.
My e-mail is***@******.*** if this helps.
Thank you,
Donald Mann (###) ###-####
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Donald my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. To resting the top you will have to remove the cover and starter top , them holding the top upside down and you will see the big spool that the rope winds around , remove the old piece if rope and hand tighten it up then line up the hole going from the outside to inside the spool. Put the rope in from the outside , once it's in through the top and spool tie a knot and holding the rope slowly let it retract and it will pull the rope in
https://youtu.be/iczCZaRiR0Q
Hete is a video as well