Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

K5.540 does not get soap to come out

Customer Question

k5.540 does not get soap to come out
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! There is a check valve in the soap line where it enters the pump. Check valve has to be free and you have to use large tip on spray wand, or soap will not be drawn into the pump. Do you feel any suction at the tube going to the pump? If not , the check valve is the problem. It is a small ball with a spring under it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will check that went I get off work tonight to see if that correct it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to learn how to take covers off to get to it? check valve that is
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, with electric unit, it is under the cover.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pull cover off that soap hose goes to a angle fitting on a cover to the pump heads if I take the 4 bolts off looks like I could get in trouble with parts falling all over the place
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I have been flooded with no power for last two days, you didn't find a ball and spring in the line to the soap dispenser? Do you have parts lists?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no parts list got the last one that was on display from store sure of left it there I thinking
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Page 13, items 17, 18, 19. make the check valve. You do have to use the largest tip to get the soap to be sucked up! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.rjbowers.com/parts_manuals/k5_1302876307.pdf