Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have an MTD Pro Model 12AKD37K095 self propelled mower with

Customer Question

I have an MTD Pro Model 12AKD37K095 self propelled mower with single lever height adjustment. The deck is not sitting level. The right rear wheel is moving independently from the left causing the mower to dip in the right rear corner.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** thank you for using Just Answer. On this diagram
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/mtd-12akd37k095-2012-lawn-mower-parts-c-20039_20100_291993.html
is part 13 connected to both front and rear axles ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so, but the problem is in the back of the mower. When I move the height adjustment lever, the right rear when is not in line with the left rear wheel, Also, I can move that right rear wheel up and down with my hands without affecting other wheels. That shouldn't be.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Can you make sure part 13 is connected to part
28 , if it is it should raise and lower it , you may have to remove the wheel to check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes parts 13 & 28 are connected. Right rear wheel and two front wheels adjust up and down together. My problem is with the right rear wheel not being in line with left rear wheel. See attachment (red circle). There are plates on both ends of part #28 "Rear Axle Assembly" that the wheels connect to. Assuming that the plates are welded to the axle, it appears that the weld may have failed on the left side. Watch attached video where I am moving the right wheel, and the axle spins free from the plate on the left side.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok that bracket should have 2 bolts holding it to the deck which has 3 holes in the frame . Those bolts could of came out or the deck could be broken as well