Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bought a used L130 lawn tractor last August. I have not been

Customer Question

I bought a used L130 lawn tractor last August. I have not been able to use it this season. I replaced the battery. I get noise when I try to start it, but the engine won't keep going when I let go of the key. Maybe I am not remembering the proper starting procedure. Searching for a manual gave me break down and repair procedures. I just want directions to run it. I'm a 67 year old widow lacking expertise in this kind of equipment.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Good evening. It sounds like just a lack of fuel, Are you using the choke when trying to start? I see no choke control, so it is part of the throttle, Push the throttle as far as it will go toward, the choke or rabbit, then crank until the engine acts like it is trying to start, then pull throttle down to about half way and see if it continues to run. A new spark plug is always a good idea, if starting is difficult, could you change the spark plug?