Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm Doug I have a vanguard 14 hours Briggs and Stratton

Customer Question

hi I'm Doug I have a vanguard 14 hours Briggs and Stratton and I can't get started I've pulled the flywheel clean the stator clean the flywheel
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I assume engine is turning over, just not starting? Remove the spark plug,and with it grounded to the metal of the engine, crank and look for spark at the spark plug. If it has spark, do a compression test, by holding finger with rag over the spark plug hole, and see if when cranking, it has enough compression to move your finger. With spark and compression, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spar plug hole and re-install the spark plug, then see if engine will start for a few seconds. If it does, the fuel is not reaching the cylinder.