Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Bought a used/new troy built lawn tractor from Lowes. My first

Customer Question

Bought a used/new troy built lawn tractor from Lowes. My first experience with it not the best. The shift lever worked well in reverse. however when I wanted to go forwaqed The lever would not go into the forward position. I was able to go forwaed only while rrying to engage into the forward psn. The3 blade engage lever was very hard to move back and forth???????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
This is not something that is diagnosable without actually seeing the unit. There are two many things that can cause this.
To get it fixed you will need to take it to a goood warranty repair shop.
If you just got the unit , I suggest taking it back to Laws and get your money back. This is NOT a good mower even if it were new. The only way that Lows get used mowers is if there is something wrong and a previous customer has brought it back.
Buy a good mower that was NOT made by MTD.