Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Zt 7000 blades cut off and on

Customer Question

zt 7000 blades cut off and on
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Blade clutch will drop out if the voltage drops below 12 volts. Do you have any starting problems? Is the charging system working? Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage at the battery when the clutch is engaged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a starting problem. The blades start cutting out after I'm running for a while. After it sits for a while I can start cutting again. Just replaced the clutch, didn't help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You are loosing voltage to the clutch. If the battery voltage is not dropping, replace the pto relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the swithch or something different?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
A small , square relay, between the switch and the electric clutch. Give me the long model number and I can find it in the diagrams. example 917-12345
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sears zt 7000
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The###-##-####does not show to use a relay, only the switch and the electric clutch. So Only thing left is to replace the switch, if the voltage is not dropping.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** give it a try.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!