Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am experiencing the same, issue. I think the electric brake

Customer Question

I am experiencing the same, issue. I think the electric brake is stuck on. Can't push period
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! To push the mower, the battery has to be fully charged. Is battery low? What is wrong with mower that you need to push it? Won't drive? If neither side sides, the drive belt for the transmissions is off a pulley or broken ,Located above the deck belt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I went out to start the mower for the first time this spring. The mower started right up immediately. I tried to backout into the yard by pulling the levers back. It sounded like the belt was engaged and I could feel pressure on the levers. I pushed the levers forward and again I felt pressure but the then it stalled the engine. My friend who is a former auto mechanic, and I tried to see what the problem was. We got the manual out and it talked about the transmission pins and the electronic brakes. We tried to just move the mower by disengaging the transmission pins (I'm not sure what they are really called) . The two of us couldn't budge it. We also tried to manually disengage the electronic brake as per owners manual. So now we are trying to find out what's wrong.. I've never had any problems with this mower at all. This is the 3rd season I have owned it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One question. Is the mower like a car in that once the vehicle starts the alternator switches over the power and begins to charge the battery? If the battery is sufficient to start the mower is it sufficient to release the electronic brakes.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as soon as it starts the charging system starts charging the battery. If battery was good enough to start the mower, there should be enough voltage to release the brakes. What is the model number? 78564 example. They keep adding more electronics and I'm too damn old to learn all this new stuff!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
74630
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me too!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are charging the battery over night regardless. Thus is really weird.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTW. The battery charged fine but it still isn't working. STARTS BUT NO MOVEO
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do the bypass levers move and lock in the latch position? When engine is running, are the pulleys on top of the transmissions turning? Or is your problem the transmission drove belt is off or broken and arm levers have no feel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the two wire looking levers on the back that are supposed to lock or unlock the,transmission? If so the answer is yes. As far as the pulleys go I don't know. It's night and I am not there but I'll ask my buddy. The levers have lots of feel.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Just a thought, check to be sure the transmissions are turning. Let me know. Thanks.