Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an '48 Ariens model rototiller that's in good shape

Customer Question

I have an '48 Ariens model B rototiller that's in good shape, but i haven't used it for 10 years.
What are the lubricant type and amounts required for the 4 plugs that i see, plus a small spring loaded cap between the engine and clutch.
.engine (manual calls for 10w)
.spring loaded cap?
.clutch
.drive train transmission
.miller transmission
I have the wisconsin manual for the engine/clutch but nothing for the transmission or miller.
I guessed at the lubes and everything works but the miller has very little digging power- nothing like the beast i remember the last time i used it, so i'm hoping it's just a lubricant issue.
thanks, terry
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
My info is limited on this model here but I see no one else has responded with an answer so I
thought I would see if I can assist with this here.
Let me know if you still need assistance.
Its a busy weekend so I might be slow responding, you only need reply one time and I will answer best I can when I can.
Thanks