Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Im runing my 755 tractor and after runing it few mins

Customer Question

im runing my 755 tractor and after runing it for a few mins it shuts off
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Check the fuel solenoid , is it killing engine when it shouldn't? You could remove the linkage to check it. Located at the linkage from the governor to the speed control section to the right of the injection pump body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I throttle it and run it out to the field it shuts down. Tank is half full and fuel filter looks clean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power slows down
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Does it die, or just looses power? If it looses power , first thing to do is replace the fuel filter! With diesel engine, it is always fuel starvation that affects it! Don't go by what the filter looks like, water can plug a filter element and never show! If that does not help, then a test line can be made, to bypass the tank, the tank outlet line and the fuel filter, to see if the suction system is at fault.