Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Kolhlerr engine on 22 ton splitter will not start just purchased

Customer Question

kolhlerr engine on 22 ton splitter will not start just purchased a couple months ago started fine except now. plug getting fire has gasoline
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! remove the spark plug and if the plug is dry, put a teaspoon of fuel directly into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it starts and runs. If it starts and dies, the carburetor is not letting fuel to the engine. Do you have fuel to the carburetor? If so, remove the float bowl on the carburetor and see if the float and needle valve are letting fuel into the bowl.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has fire and have tried gas in. Plug hole
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
ok, go back o the spark plug and remove it. Do a compression test, use your finger with a rag over the hole, while you crank, it should have enough compression to move your finger. If not, you have stuck valve or piston is not moving! If it has compression and spark and fuel, remove the valve cover and see if the valves are moving, maybe a pushrod off. Met me know, we can continue. Thanks