Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** ***** I have L3800 Kubota and having

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I have L3800 Kubota and having same problem with starting. clicks but usually starts but now nothing - not even clicking. almost like not grounded. check battery and starter and suspect safety swithces. help
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check the system? The keyswitch has to have battery voltage, if you have nothing at the key, no glow plug or no lights, the battery voltage is not there! Power comes from the posiitve side of the starter solenoid, where the battery cable is connected. There is a smaller wire that goes on the same terminal at the solenoid, goes to the fuse panel and then to the keyswitch, Need to check battery voltage, has to be above 12.5 volts, the battery cable connections, at the battery, and negative to the frame, and posiitve to the starter solenoid.