Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

WORX WG781 Battery is fully charged, but mower only runs very

Customer Question

WORX WG781
Battery is fully charged, but mower only runs very slowly. Too slowly. How can I get it serviced? Is there a fix that I can do?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! How old is the battery? If you turn blade by hand, does it turn easily? If blade turns easy, the battery is suspect. Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The battery is three years old. The blade turns freely. I do not have a volt meter. Last used the mower one week ago successfully. Lights on battery indicate full charge. Motor turns VERY slowly.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I believe the battery is fault. It is not holding enough voltage to run the mower. Voltmeter less than $10.00 at retail or auto supply. Check voltage when you take it off charger, then attach to mower and run for a few moments, then check battery voltage again It it has dropped a significant amount, battery is bad.