Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy-Bilt power washer model 01902 that won't start.

Customer Question

I have a Troy-Bilt power washer model 01902 that won't start. someone suggested there may be a fuel on/off switch that I need to switch.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Loosen the fuel bowl on the carburetor and see if there is fuel there. If there is fuel flowing, the fuel is not shutoff! It may have water in the fuel bowl, so this will also take care of that. Still no start, remove the spark plug and with it grounded to the engine metal, see if it has spark. If you have spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it starts for a few seconds. If it starts and dies, the carburetor may need to be removed and cleaned.