Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy-Bilt mower. The deck is not level. Looks like

Customer Question

I have a Troy-Bilt mower. The deck is not level. Looks like the cable that raises the deck on one side is stretched - maybe.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the deck is raised all the way, the non-adjustable side is barely off the ground. When the deck is lowered on a level surface, the non-adjustable side cable is very loose - an inch or two of slack, while the other side (the side with the adjustment nut) is still taught.
This leads me to believe the problem is with the cable and not a simple matter of adjusting the deck.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Need the full model number. Troy bilt makes 100's of different models. Get a hold of the cable and pull on it, the cable may be broke in the sheath and will need to be replaced.