Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Can I ad oil to my 3815 without removing the transaxel> It

Customer Question

Can I ad oil to my 3815 without removing the transaxel> It has a tube with a cap comming fro each one and where is the purge valve located?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question. I am away from my computer at the moment. I am responding to you via my mobile phone.
I suggest that you check your oil level first. Check, to see if your oil smell contaminated. Also check your drive belt. If your belt is worn, slipping, or slightly loose, this can affect the performance of your transmissions. Inspect your right side transmission for oil leaks.
When I am back at my computer, I can explain the purge procedure with better details. What brand is your mower? Husqvarna? You may be able to add oil, using a flex funnel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have added oil to the tube on the transaxel and the noise has stopped and the macine is working as before. I will have to run it thru the paces the next cutting but now it is jaus as new. No leak seen but this mower is over 10 years
Expert:  Donald replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for letting me know. I am glad that your transaxle is now working as it should. I do hope all continues to go well for you.