Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My time cutter turns over but fails to fire. I have changed

Customer Question

My time cutter turns over but fails to fire. I have changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, gasoline and the spark plug. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! What engine is this? Single cylinder, or twin? If you pull spark plug and ground it, do you have spark at the plug when cranking? If it has spark, does it have compression? Do the finger and rag over the spark plug hole to see if it will move your finger. With spark and compression, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cylinder, re-install the spark plug and see if it will run for a few seconds. If it does, check the fuel solenoid in the base of the carburetor. It plugs the main jet and if it does not open, engine gets no fuel. Has to have 12 volts to open and continue open.