Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My ez go golf cart wont go in to neutral,it will not roll,

Customer Question

my ez go golf cart wont go in to neutral,it will not roll, the back tires stay in place. it is a late 70's model and I want to put it on a trailer and move it to my house to work on it.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my ez go golf cart, will not move, won't go into neutral, it is a late 70's or early 80's gas model, and we just want to put it on a trailer and move it from a storage place, to my home. We have tried moving the lever, the rear wheels remain locked. brake is of and all.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! When did cart last drive? The brakes are what is keeping it from rolling. Raise the rear wheels and see if it is one or both. If one, remove the brake drum and see what has come loose in the wheel or if it is just rust. It may be the brake cable, not letting the brake return. See if the brake cable is releasing at the stuck wheel.