Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Areins 46 inch 20 horse power riding lawn mower that

Customer Question

I have a Areins 46 inch 20 horse power riding lawn mower that I bought from Homedepot the mower hood fell off and I need to reattach it. What is the secret?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. , does the hood have almost like hooks on the bottom that look like they go in the frame ? If so you have to hold the hood up like it's open and those levers will go down into the frame , otherwise if you can give me the model number and I'll find a parts diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model #960460063 The hood does have two hooks on the front that go into the frame. We have hooked them in but it still doesn't keep the hood up or locked in. When you tilt the hood up it looks like it's locked in but when you run the lawn mower it will fall off so there I something else we have to do to make it keep from fall away from the mounting. When we have the hood hooked it doesn't go to where it originally when so we think we might have broken a part or we aren't hooking it properly.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
So when the hood is closed it will come off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will slide forward and eventually come off because it seem to not be attached.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way you can upload any pictures , I'm searching for a parts breakdown of your model as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will when I get home
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get these pictures to you?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok you should have a paper clip sign and click it so you can upload pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From Subject Received Size Categories ***@******.*** 7:00 AM 937 KB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These aren't very good pictures it shows the hook but doesn't show how it's sup post to be hooked. As you can see from the first photo the hood doesn't fit the way it's sup post to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From Subject Received Size Categories ***@******.*** 7:00 AM 937 KB Sorry!! wrong pictures
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
It's ok , try uploading them at www.tinypic.com and pasting the code in here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the hood off and disconnected the bracket that held it and I think I figured it out. Thanks
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok , I'm glad you got it figured out , most newer tractors have those hooks that once it's closed it can't slide off