Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Pto will not engage on M 60 zero turn. switch is good. What

Customer Question

Pto will not engage on M 60 zero turn. switch is good. What should I check for at the clutch
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Check for 12 volts at the clutch when the key is on and the pto switch is pulled. It takes 12 volts to close the electric clutch. Check the wires from the switch to the clutch, looking for damage to the wires. There may be a relay for the clutch between the switch and the clutch. What is the full model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cub Cadet M-60
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
M60-KH (53AB5BDX750) using this model number. it has three relays, together o the left of the keyswitch console. All are the same. Mark them , then o a swap, to see if relay is problem. It does not show which is for pto, but one of them is for pto. Look at wire colors at pto clutch, and then at relay, to see which is pto.