Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Speedztr 28 2003 engine dies when seated with brake released

Customer Question

speedztr 28 2003 engine dies when seated with brake released and blade is engaged or drive control is moved from neutral
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The seat switch and the brake switch have to serve two functions. The start circuit, and the run circuit. The run circuit, is not complete. The seat switch has two sets of contacts, one is N/O and the other is N/C. Check the seat switch and the harness from seat to the brake switch. This is electrical problem , not a fuel or ignition problem. You say 28 inch model? Smallest I can find is a 30 inch deck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok satisfied
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, Thanks, I found a wiring diagram in the Dixon on line manuals, under the parts books. Please rate and accept to close the question. Here is link to Dixon. Just left click on mouse to highlite the link, and right click to access. Put in speedztr to pull up models. IPL is parts. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.dixon-ztr.com/service-and-support/user-manuals/