Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have about 6 yamaha golf carts at my course and all have

Customer Question

I have about 6 yamaha golf carts at my course and all have similar problems. The engine will run for a few seconds and quit, but will restart and do the same thing. On one cart i changed igniter,rev limiter,sparkplug, low oil sencor, fule pump valve seal carbruator . Sorry about the spelling. Thanks Dave
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Engine dies from two things, it looses spark, or it looses the fuel supply. Sounds more like fuel to me. have you tried to make a test fuel line from the fuel pump inlet, into another fuel container, to see if cart will run? Bypassing the tank and the fuel lines and such in the suction side of the fuel system. ????