Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have the same problem as the customer describes on the website:

Customer Question

i have the same problem as the customer describes on the website: difficult to start lawnmower and removing & re-inserting helps but not always. New battery required? with thanks. David
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! If battery works when it does make the connection, it would seem battery is ok, and problem lies with the connection points. Take some emery paper and shin up the battery contacts and the mower contacts and see it that will help. It likely is just not making the connection! You could check the battery with a voltmeter and see if wiggling the contacts makes the voltage change. If it does, then the battery has internal connection problem.