Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a CubCadet 4x4 tracker with the 748cc efi engine. When

Customer Question

I have a CubCadet 4x4 tracker with the 748cc efi engine. When I run the engine for a half hour or more it will cough, sputter, sometimes backfire and die out. It will not restart unless I let it rest for about 15 minutes to a half hour. Then it will start and run good for a while and then die out again.A few months ago it died out and would not start at all so I took it to the dealer and he found a burnt out relay diode which controlled the fuel pump, key switch and ignition coils. It was fine for a while and is now doing the same thing again. It does restart if I let it sit.Do you have any advice on what is giving me this problem again? It always dies out at the worst times and it is very frustrating.Thank you..........Erich
Category: Small Engine