Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a wiring issue with Statesman riding mower model

Customer Question

I have a wiring issue with Statesman riding mower model 13au608h16/serial 1k271h20067 with briggs and stratton model(###) ###-####e1 I took engine off and replaced engine sump and gasket. I have few wires I don't remember how they hook up. I also have pictures of the wires that need to be reconnected I know for sure the two yellow wire from the stator go to the regulator( I didn't take a picture of the stator wire and regulator because they are correct) I need to know where the red wire from the regulator which is the red female wire at the top in the picture number 2. I also need to know where yellow female wire connects to (it is negative ground current) and also where other connectors in the picture connect to. The lawnmower has 7 pole switch for the V-Twin Briggs engine.I need the 7 pole wiring diagram for the V-twin briggs engine with a electric PTO, regulator with two yellow wires and one red wire.

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Plugs should all be different and will only attach to the correct one! See page 145 in service manual linked. Left click on the link to highlite, right click to access and download the manual. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://service.mtdproducts.com/Training_Education/769_06667_700_series_riders.pdf

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I also have a Briggs Alternator link.----------------------------------------------------http://www4.briggsandstratton.com/miscpdfs/RNT/alternator_replacement.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The lawnmower has 7 pole switch for the V-Twin Briggs engine.I need the 7 pole wiring diagram for the V-twin briggs engine with a electric PTO, regulator with two yellow wires and one red wire.

This mower does not have an RCM Module per the diagram on Page 145.

Someone has to have the correct wiring diagram for this Statesman lawn mower.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You are making this too hard. Where is the problem? The harness connections will only match their respective plug, they won't fit anywhere else. The red wire shown should be the match for the stator harness, and the single wire with terminal pulled out, should be going to the red wire at op of page in the second picture. MTD made the unit and their manual is all there is, as long as the keyswitch has seven terminals, it should wire up the same. Forget about the RCM.