Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a swisher 66 inch ztr. Problem: will not start. Replaced

Customer Question

I have a swisher 66 inch ztr. Problem: will not start. Replaced key switch and solenoid. No current to the keyed switch. safety switches on handles passed continuity tests. Help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! You have a small red wire, coming off the positive side of the starter solenoid, it has to go through a fuse, to the keyswitch B , battery terminal on keyswitch. Is this fuse good? Is the voltage getting to the B terminal? This is the power wire for the system. Here is link to Sears site with wiring schematic. left click on link to highlite, right click to access. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.searspartsdirect.com/swisher-riding-mower-tractor-parts/model-ZT2766/3291/1506000/P0808065/00011.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a post for the wire (red) coming from the battery. another red wire post going to the starter both secure. another wire connection tab/slip on is for the green wire going to the key switch, no voltage is getting thru. I can jumper from the battery wire to the green wire and the engine will turn over but not start. On one side of the solenoid is two white wires, I believe are ground. they are fasten to the bolt that hold the solenoid to the frame. on the other side is two red wires, one wire goes thru a fuse which is good, the other red wire goes to the engine. Are these red wire connected right.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Red wire is power wire from the solenoids posiitve battery cable post. Has to be with the battery cable. It goes to the fuse and then to the keyswitch. Green wire is wire from keyswitch ,that has to carry the voltage to the switch terminal on the solenoid. Did you look at the wiring schematic I sent earlier?