Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

When my john deere l120 engages the blades it shuts off it

Customer Question

When my john deere l120 engages the blades it shuts off it also shuts off when you try to go foward
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Check the seat switch and harness connections to it. The mower thinks there is no one in the seat, so it shuts the engine off when brake is released, or blades are engaged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No help
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I need input to help! Seat switch looks and test ok? Do you have multimeter to check continuity between the seat switch and brake switch? When did it last work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea I used a vom and it tested ok I haven't used it since last year
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is engine staling, or is it cutting off like you turn it off? Will it roll free if you pull free wheel lever? Do the blades rotate freely with engine OFF and pto not on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes yes yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it shuts off like you turned it off
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Has to be a safety switch or harness to one of the switches. Seat switch is a two contact switch. One should be N/O, the other N/C. do they check out and change when seat switch is pressed. You have two circuits, one for start, and one for run. The run circuit is not complete.