Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2000 Club Car DS that has had carb trouble. I put

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Club Car DS that has had carb trouble. I put on a new carb, it ran fine for bout 10 minutes then quit. There is no gas in the fuel filter. I just read where it must have the P hose connected. I do get a gas smell when I check the oil dipstick and it appears to be over full. I intend to change the oil and filter. Just wanted to kno since the oil is over full could that be the reason that hose is not sensing the piston movement?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The P line is the pulse line and has to be open to the crankcase. Can you blow through the hose? If the oil level is above the hose, it could keep pump from working, or it can let the oil come out the breather on the fuel pump! Is the fuel line from the fuel pump, back to the tank vacuum tight? If not , the pump will not pump.