Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Miller 302g bogs under moderate to heavy load welding, and

Customer Question

Miller 302g bogs under moderate to heavy load welding, and even stalls out under heavy generator load. Ie plasma cutter. It is a 2002 trailblazer with an Onan 20 horse. Have replaced fuel pump and filter.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This machine only has 1200 hrs. On it. Sometimes it will perform excellent for hours under light welding load
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Is this the twin cylinder engine? I will assume it is. Do a cylinder test. Loosen the spark plug wires, and with it running , remove one plug wire at a time. to see if both cylinders are equal. If engine dies when one is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark and compression. Let me know, we can continue from here. Thank you