Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Husqvarna 130BT, production date of 2/2012. This Spring,

Customer Question

I have a Husqvarna 130BT, production date of 2/2012. This Spring, put in new fuel and it started right up. I used it a few times and went through a couple of tanks of fuel. I lent it to my next door neighbor who wanted to try it out which he did for about 15 minutes and didn't add any fuel. He returned it saying he wanted to buy one. I finished mowing my lawn, about an hour and a half, and the blower now starts and runs for a few seconds and quits.
I have pulled the carb apart, cleaned it even though it looked fine, reinstalled it and have the same problem. I then pulled out the fuel tank and lines, emptied it, cleaned the tank, inside and out, and cleaned the fuel filter by back flushing it with cleaner. It flowed fine. I checked the fuel lines and though the green/yellow line is discolored, is still intact under light air pressure. I also checked the black line under light air pressure and the result was the same, appears good. After putting it all back together, the result was the same. I then pulled out the spark arrester and cleaned it, result was still the same. I should back up and state that I checked out the spark plug first, pulled it cleaned it, ran a spark tester on it and it appears fine.
After all this, the unit still starts then dies. Any idea? Thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,did you notice any wet marks behind the carb? I've come across a loose carb adapter and cylinder screws before that could cause similar problems. If you have a gauge check the compression. It should be around 120 psi.