Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Super Bronco 208cc Tiller - When got tiller out ,

Customer Question

Super Bronco 208cc Tiller - When got tiller out for season, engine would die as soon as tines were engaged. Put on new carb and works a little better but still dies when load put on tines. Easily restarts in full choke, but does same thing over and over. Put premium gas in it/ran Sea Foam thru/ put in new spark plug/put on new fuel filter. Acts like it runs out of gas. I'm stumped as to how to correct.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, if left on half choke will the tines turn? I'm wondering if you have an engine problem or a belt or transmission problem. Did you unscrew the fuel filter from the tank?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have eliminated the fuel filter in the tank and put an inline filter on it. I have tried half choke, full choke, everything I can think of but still it will dig for a few seconds then quit.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
Does the engine run on full throttle? Did you try adjusting the governor? Loosen the nut securing the gov lever to the shaft. Rotatelever to the wide open throttle position and then turn gov shaft coming out of the motor in the same direction and tighten.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Engine will run on full throttle but still dies under digging load. I'll give governor adjustment a try.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Runs a little better now but needs full choke to keep tines digging (with light pressure) but is a real rough run.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 2 years ago.
Clamp the fuel line and drain carb bowl and then remove it.Look for signs of dirt or water.If only runs on choke there's a fuel/carb problem.You may need to remove the carb to unscrew and poke a wire through the main jet and nozzle located in the center of the carb.