Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Our 2005 ezgo golf cart just

Customer Question

Our 2005 ezgo golf cart just recently started surging when we were driving it and sometimes it would suddenly stop and the forward and reverse switch would start beeping and then it would go again until last night we went up a hill and almost didn't make it and when we got on level ground it would just barely go at a slow speed. Do you know what might be wrong with it? Someone told us it was a speed sensor.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! No speed sensor on Ezgo! How old are the batteries? Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery pack and each battery? Does the charger run full 8 hour cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know you can buy the speed sensor because I looked it up and they sale them. Just bought new batteries

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Have you ran a voltage check ? Have you located a speed sensor on your cart? If it has one , unplug it and see if cart will run. On Club Car it is on the back of the drive motor . Ezgo location.???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Answer came after 7 days and then he told me that my cart didn't even have a speed sensor and they sale them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
would like my money back. I paid $27.00 and i'm not happy at all.