Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Have a 13hp honda , cannot get started, spray starting fluid

Customer Question

have a 13hp honda , cannot get started, spray starting fluid it runs, took off carberator bowl and there was gas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** thank you for using Just Answer. If it will run briefly on starting fluid the first thing I would check is the carburetor. The honda carburetors have a brass jet that screws up inside the center of the carburetor and it has 8 to 10 pin sized holes in it and if any of these get blocked or gummed up it will run poorly or not run at all. Remove the carburetor and remove the bowl then in the center of the carburetor it will have a brass plug that takes a flathead , unscrew it and the plug and jet will come out , make sure each pin hole is open and clear also make sure the hole in the ug is clear and spray out the ports in the carburetor