Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My tb4sc will not run at full throttle. At half choke it runs

Customer Question

My tb4sc will not run at full throttle. At half choke it runs about half rpms. It you give it fuel it kills. I ill not run in the choke "run" position
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. The problem is the carburetor , it's air / fuel mixture passage ways are block , or gummed up . The carburetor will have to be pulled and taken apart and soaked in very hot water then sprayed out with carburetor cleaner and compressed air , this may fix it , the problem is these carburetors are so small and fickle but you can try what , up have to remove the gaskets , needle etc from the carburetor before putting it in the hot water . If s replacement is cheap enough and you don't want to go through all that you can just replace it as well Here is a diagram of the blower . Part 13 is the carburetor , http://www.ereplacementparts.com/troybilt-tb4sc-41as4scg966-blower-parts-c-26780_27249_27277.html
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I thought
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
With the ethenol they are using in gas it doesn't take much to mess these tiny carburetors up. If you replace it I recommend adding stabil to all yor gas cans , it's a fuel stabilizer and won't allow gas to break down