Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My grandkids were driving the golf cart, we've been noticing

Customer Question

My grandkids were driving the golf cart, we've been noticing that sometimes when we push on the gas pedal there's no reaction, maybe after pressing it several times it starts to work. The other day, it did the same thing only it wouldn't move, they got out of the cart and pushed it about 20-30 feet and heard a loud pop with a burning smell. Now it's totally dead. Not sure what happened?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Electric cart or gas cart? Do you have a voltmeter to check the unit? If electric, check each battery and the total pack voltage. You could have a battery that has a bad cell , or a cable connection that has failed. If you attach the charger, doe it show to come on and charge?