Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a toro time cutter 16-42z, I have to start it with a

Customer Question

I have a toro time cutter 16-42z, I have to start it with a screw driver at the syliniod. ive replaced the key switch and wiring harness, it also blows the 30amp fuse after running for about 30 to 45 min
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Full model number? Have you checked the charging system when unit is running? You may have voltage regulator that is blowing fuse by over voltage! I think this could have a start relay between the keyswitch and the starter solenoid. Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check the voltage from keyswitch to the starter solenoid? When you jump the solenoid to start, are you jumping the two cable terminals or going from battery cable to the switch wire on solenoid?