Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Cub Cadet blades won't re-engage after I back up, I have

Customer Question

My Cub Cadet blades won't re-engage after I back up, I have to let it sit for 15 or 20 mins.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Model number? The reverse switch breaks the circuit to the electric clutch, and has to close to let the blades reengage. The switch needs to be checked with a voltmeter, or the switch replaced. There should be no delay in the re-engagement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My model no.is 13A-201F100, it is an originalCub Cadet model 1515 purchased in 2002Could you please explain to me where this switch is located, so I could order the part & replace it myself ?
I will hopefully check back to this sight later for an answer
The lady I talked with said I gave a wrong letter in my email address, she said it is***@******.***
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Right side of the transmission , just ahead of the rear axle. The reverse linkage has to touch the switch to actuate it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help Curtis B.Do you happen to know the part no. Or would it be in my parts list & do you think it would be hard for a 70 yr. old female to change it, I've mostly taken care of the mower since it was new !!!
Thank you again !
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Part number for battery? No, look at your battery, it will have number on it and the CCA. Any auto supply or tractor supply will have a replacement, and can give you a battery with at least 350 CCA. The more the better! I doubt you can find one with more than 400 CCA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was referring to the part no. For the reverse switch, not the battery !
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Cub Cadet(###) ###-####
Reverse Switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Curtis B.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Please rate and accept to close the question.