Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Husky zero turn, model RZ5424. It will not start.

Customer Question

Hi! I have a Husky zero turn, model RZ5424. It will not start. I've checked fuses, both safety switches, fuel, oil, the battery, and still nothing. I just replaced the brake safety switch and it didn't help. If i cross a wire to the solenoid (I think) it tries to turn over. Using the ohm meter, both the battery and solenoid have amps.
Any thoughts?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! When you cross the solenoid, does the engine spin? It should . You say it tries to turn over? There is a fuse in the ignition system , have you located the fuse and checked it? When you turn the key on, do you hear the fuel solenoid in the carburetor click open? If not, there may not be power to the keyswitch. What is battery voltage? Has to be above 12.5 volts to start engine. You say battery ans solenoid have amps, you mean volts? How many volts?