Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a cub cadet 1430 with a 14th motor. Problem is it runs

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 1430 with a 14th motor. Problem is it runs and mows for about 10 minutes then dies. Has no spark. Sets for and hour and it starts again. Bad coil?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. Yes it's a bad coil. I will produce spark until it gets hot then will not produce spark until it cools down , when you replace the coil make sure to set the air gap correctly , I use a business card between the coil and the magnets on the flywheel. Let the magnets pull the coil to it with the business card between them then tighten it , turn the flywheel and remove the business card