Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I took apart the fuel pump model 47 559 02 and cleaned and

Customer Question

I took apart the fuel pump model 47 559 02 and cleaned and one of the two discs was loose and I am not sure how to reinstall -- same way as the other one so they both face the same direction or should one of them be in the opposite direction?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Taking it apart means the seal has been broken, that means they need to be replaced, the problem is that these really aren't meant to be serviced even though they can be opened they may the cost of the pump cheap for replacement. Here is an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-FUEL-PUMP-for-Kohler-47-559-11-S-K321-14-hp-K341-16-hp-K-Series-Engines-/270683506509
They face opposite of each other or towards, it all depends on the model and I would need the complete model number to be sure, but please remember they now need to be replaced so really in either event they need to be replaced which pretty much means replacing the fuel pump for the cost of it.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because it took a week for reply and I could not wait to solve the problem, I paid a mower service company to tell me that the fuel pump needed to be replaced (and it is now replaced). It would have been good to get an answer within a few days and not a week.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
I honestly cannot comment on why no other expert had replied to you sooner, I can assure you that as soon as I saw your question I replied to you. Being the question was still on the list it showed you still needed help. Knowing the answer to your question I replied. As you can see the reply/answer I sent was correct.
I do apologize for your wait but unless your question is removed there is no way for me to know if you no longer need help.
Thanks,
Joe