Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Hank, I have a Honda Quadra Cut push mower. The mower

Customer Question

Hi Hank,
I have a Honda Quadra Cut push mower. The mower will only start for a few seconds and then it cuts off. It doesn't start at all for a few minutes and then it starts again but only for a couple of seconds. The gas appears to be flowing to the gas shut off valve. I shot some carb cleaner into it but didn't work.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
When it will not start try some starting fluid in the carb, if that does nothing no change then replace spark plug and check spark if spark is good check compression and fuel is not flooding. Also check air filter/intake for restrictions as well as exhaust. Given the symptoms I am going to guess it's either spark or fuel. Also confirm when checking spark that it jumps a good gap and is strong.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.