Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I replace the drive belt on my i1050 cub but can not get the

Customer Question

I replace the drive belt on my i1050 cub but can not get the pto to engage now, it starts for just a couple seconds and then shuts down.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Something to check is if it will engage without the belt attached. Check using a voltmeter that you do not lose power nor ground when engaged if not then this would usually indicate a bad pto/clutch (pending that there is power/ground even when it disengages). If loosing power then check wiring harness again as well as the safety switch for the brake and seat.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.