Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a RTZ 42" mower. Model 17AA5B4G709, and factory model

Customer Question

I have a RTZ 42" mower. Model 17AA5B4G709, and factory model(###) ###-#### ***** model spec PS SV(###) ###-####, Serial # ********** I went to push the mower out of my garage with the free wheel ( pulled both motor rods out to dis engage, when I went to use the tractor with rods in ready to cut the tractor would only operate very slowly opn the left side and was making a humming sound, right side was perfectly fine. I would appreciate any help you can give. Butch Dumont southwest Florida. THANKS
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I apologize in advance but my knowledge is limited in this but instead of you waiting any longer I at the very least wanted to attempt to help you.
The rod operates a arm on the trans that bypasses internally, I would start by working the actual arm on the trans and compare how it feels to the other side. Check the fluid level and if good the only thing left is an internal trans problem.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.